How to cook Corn on the Cob

This is the season for fresh corn. Eating corn on the cob is a great way to fill up on a delicious, nutritious and low calorie food. Corn is very high in fiber. A one cup serving (at 177 calories) will provide you with about 18% of the recommended daily value of fiber.

Corn is also high in folate, (19% of daily recommended), Vitamin B1, (24%) and Vitamin C (17%).

I bought six corn on the cobs to make for dinner tonight for my husband, toddler and me.

Corn on the cob is one of the easiest fresh vegetables to cook. I husk the corn and pull off any excess threads. Then I boil water in a large pot and put the corn in when the water is boiling. I then turn the heat off, and leave the corn in the boiled water for at least five minutes. Some people like it less cooked and would take it out sooner.

I usually put a little butter and salt on my corn when eating. But I've heard flax seed oil would make a good and healthy substitute.

____
The photo above is by Akash k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Weight Loss A. All rights reserved.
TechCracks