Getting Started is the Hardest Part

Here is a young woman whose personal story of weight loss is just beginning. She wants to lose over 100 pounds. It's a little daunting when you're just starting the process.

Her nickname is 'Ona Diet'. She is 24 years old and weighs 245 pounds. She'd like to weigh 140 pounds. She says;

I think maybe if I constantly had mirrors around me all the time I never would have gotten as fat as I am. Almost 250 pounds? Never! I really believe that as I walk around in this body of mine I never really think about my weight. When I am working or eating or watching TV or anything, I never really give a thought to my body or my weight or my size. I pretty much feel like I did 5-6 years ago when I was a much thinner 160 pounds. I guess, in my mind I'm still that size 12 girl from high school who wore 'normal' clothes yet felt fat and out of place anyway. Looking back at old pictures I realize I was pretty thin. Compared to what I look like now, I was very thin! Not anorexic, but healthy, 'normal', looking good. I am seriously confounded as to why I felt fat back then when I looked fine, great. Now I find myself at 246 pounds hardly fitting into a size 18. It hurts. As I look through recent pictures of myself I see a girl almost bursting out of her body. My face is huge. My body is huge. It is quite obviously the embodiment of the statement "you would be so pretty if only you were thinner." I see that now, I do. So, as I said, enough is enough. I am done being fat. That's it. I have had enough of constantly feeling uncomfortable, being huge, not fitting into clothes, being unhappy with myself. I start changing things right now. Today. I can't wait to see the numbers on the scale get progressively smaller.


Visit her site and help cheer her on!

_____________
Photo is by Very Good With Computers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Weight Loss A. All rights reserved.
TechCracks