A Mom Resolves to Lose 40 Pounds

Kris Robinson decided she wanted to lose weight this year. She has a history of diabetes in her family and felt it was time to begin moving her family's diet to healthier foods.

She started her diet and exercise plan on January 7th. She's lost 12 pounds already and would like to lose thirty more. She is working out on her new treadmill at home and has started to eat more legumes, nuts, brown rice and vegetables. She is trying to cut out the white flour and white sugar. Her family is eating whole wheat pasta for the first time.

In the process, she is already a size smaller and has gone out and bought a new pair of pants. This mom stopped wearing 'mom's jeans' a year ago;
I didn't know that there was a real distinction until I bought my first pair of 'sort of' low rise jeans. They weren't TOO low rise, just enough to sit below my belly button and look stylish. I have to admit, they were much more flattering than my other jeans. Then Payton (my 15 year old) said, "Cool, no more Mom jeans?"

"Huh?" I replied. What do you mean? "You know, those ones that come way up towards your chest, like Erkel? Those are Mom Jeans."

Smart ass.

Holy Crap! Had I become a Mom? Really, like an uncool Mom? Unbeknownst (?) to me, apparently, sadly, I had. I thought I was just resisting the trendiness in favor of a more classic look. How was I to know that the kids actually had something right this time with the low rise style? Like I said, they ARE more flattering. In the next several weeks I got more compliments than ever including "are you loosing weight?" Well, no, I'm just not wearing Mom Jeans anymore!


Check out her weight loss progress at her site at A Mom on a Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Weight Loss A. All rights reserved.
TechCracks